Sunday, May 16, 2010

Review from Arundel Cathedral concert



The following personal review of the concert is a member from Libera Dreams website (danieb88).

Hi everyone thought I'd give my review of last night!

Firstly 2 apologies though-im on a phone so sorry if my spellings awful and also,sorry to all the members I didn't catch up with last night- I arrived about 6pm to the cathedral and there was already quite a crowd! I was there (in my orange t shirt) but my shyness got the better of me so sorry!
Anyway-ill do a run down of each song so I'm less likely to forget something!
The show started with steffan on stage singing parts of libera (eg are you the door are you the key) but much slower-the other boys walked up the sides of the cathedral to join him on stage. It was a brilliant way to introduce them! Then they went into adoramus which was good as usual!
They went straight into libera from there though I didn't think it was as seamless as adoramus to gloria but still very good-steffan and alfie were singing the solos and unfort steffan missed the top note in the penultimate aeterna but it was still impressive!
Time- I have to say I disagree that it was mimed-josh was joined by alex and ralph for his parts and you could clearly hear all 3 of them. Josh looked like he was struggling tbh but you couldn't hear it and it was still one of my favs of the night!
Sanctus- this time I do agree with danis review-they were pretty shaky at the start but it did improve as the song went on,no beg or ending solo tho
Sanctissima- solo by mini ben- brilliantly done mini bens voice was great and the harmonies were perfect!
Ave Verum- solo by Flynn, high notes by Matthew, very well done, I think its a shame Flynn doesn't have more solos as he has a brilliant voice!
Far Away-solo by Ralph and Mini Ben, high parts by kavanna- I really enjoyed this song and prefered ralphs parts to mini bens
Salva Me-solo by steffan, another of my favs, steffans salvas were amazing!
Agnus Dei-solo by Alex, alex was great in this he's improved massively since doing always with you last year!
How shall we sing- solo by Jakob and Steffan, I was watching steff at first and got very confused when he didn't start singing! Jakob was great I'm glad he got a solo after lead kindly light!
Interval
Mysterium- all the boys were on stage except steffan who walked up the middle of the cathedral singing the high parts brilliantly!
Orinoco Flow- not bad but not the best performance I've seen-the harmonies were abit out again at the beginning unfort
The Fountain- the song I was most looking forward to! Ralph was brilliant and his control was great getting each high note effortlessly!
How can I keep from singing-solo by sammy m, a surprise to have sammy sing the solo-he was really very good I was pleasantly surprised!
When a knight-solo by Ralph, I had heard steffan did this solo so was surprised when ralph started singing but he was brill! Steven g also played the pipes for this which was a nice compliment
Love and Mercy-solo by mini james and ?freddie I couldn't see well so couldn't see freddie sing but mini james sounded great-very similar to josh actually!
Bayan Ko- solo by mini ben-absolutely flawless, the harmonies were fantastic and they were completely in time throughout-really well done
Stay with me-solos by daniel with a few others and matthew- I think daniel was struggling with this, I've heard him sing it far better. Matthew was great although his mike was abit quiet!
Deep peace-solo by steffan, fantastic I think this was steffans best song!
Exultate- solo by mini ben- a brilliant end to the show very well done throughout
Encore-Libera again, this time steffan hit that high aeterna!
Overall a very good show-the 2nd half was much better than the first as they had quite a few sound issues to begin with!
It was great to see the new boys however, I look forward to hearing them in the future! And I wonder whether matthew madine will be similar to josh!

No comments:

Blog Archive