Saturday, August 14, 2010

Review from LiberAeterna a member of Libera Dreams.

I also feel much better now as it appears I was not the only one a bit nervous during the signings As I had seen Libera perform before in Ireland, Nashville was my first opportunity to meet them. When I went through the line I think all I said to them was "Hello ____", "Good job", "Thank you" or other such simple greetings. I really was hoping to say something clever or witty the first time but it didn't seem to work out. I improved somewhat in Atlanta as, as Tom413 has said, we were in the back of the line. This, I think, helped me to prepare better as opposed to being in the front where sometimes everyone behind you is wanting to move along quickly. I must say I was more relaxed this time and I got to engage in a bit of nice conversation with some of the boys. They are all so charming and friendly with their fans. Here are a few memorable stories I hope you might like. I also hope in the near future to share some of my photos but they are not nearly as good as some of Lexi's and others I have seen!


When I got to Stefan, I said "great job tonight" and I mentioned to him that I had heard he sang in Poland for the Krakow Film Music Festival during the Lord of the Rings symphony. He asked me if I was there but I said, alas, I could not go but that a co-worker of mine did. I then said that I heard him sing on a Youtube video during the Return of the King segment. He seemed very excited and said "You can hear me sing on the video!"

I must say though that the most memorable part was when I got to Daniel. He was already smiling in my direction as I approached him . I really like how he gives you his full attention and is very engaging with everyone. I told him that I thought he sounded great on Stay With Me (although I should have said Going Home as well). He said thank you and at which point I noticed that he accidentally spilled some of his water on my program he was signing . I jokingly said to him in typical American slang, "Hey, what's up with that!". He looked up at me and looked so sad and shocked that I thought he might cry. He kept saying "I'm so sorry", "I feel so bad" . I smiled and tried to tell him that I was just joking with him; that it was quite all right and not to worry about it. At this point Eleanor Lewis came to the rescue with some paper and was able to dab it up . She was apologizing as well and I just smiled and said that "this makes it all the more memorable" . Although I did notice Kavana and Lexi (she was behind me a bit) teasing Daniel a little bit about it as well . I got to Kavana and said "What's up Kavana!" at which point he went to the high five with his cute "Thank You" drawing printed on his hand .

I want to say that it was so nice meeting you Flora at the Nashville concert One of the things that makes going to see Libera special is meeting all the great fans like yourself who love the group as much as you do. I would also like to thank Lexi and her Mom for being so warm and friendly to me. I really enjoyed all our conversations and will always remember the time we all met briefly Ian Tilley, Ben Crawley and Sam Coates in Nashville after the Sunday services . If I hadn't been with you two wonderful people at the time I never would have got Big Ben's and Sam's autographs for my Luminosa booklet!! Also, to tom413 and whitetail1985 for being so open and knowledgeable about Libera. Lastly, I must not forget my "French Connection Team" of fan_de_LoK and Geozed. Your kindness and support for allowing me to accompany you from Nashville to Atlanta in your rental car is something I will never forget. I improved my French only a little bit though . Hopefully, we can all meet again next year for US Tour 2011

No comments:

Blog Archive