Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review on Concert in London

This is a review from a member of Libera Dreams website.



by fan_de_LoK » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:25 am

I'm in a Starbucks which offers Wifi, I have 30 minutes before joining Yorkie and Paull30003 for diner, I write here a few things I have in mind from yesterday's concert

First of all, the concert was a GREAT GREAT success !

The boys were obviously happy and proud to be on stage, they wanted to give the public their best and share all the songs they worked so hard.
Saying that I don't mean it's not the case usually but yesterday night this was particularly true


Entering the place for the concert I saw that the technical staff had intelligently turned the Piano at the opposite and switched its position with the keyboard, so the piano was no more a sight obstacle on the left side.

It have been said they were 34 on stage.
Mainly they were the main group of 29 as in the Philippines, plus 5 newbies presents on a few song, in the very back, behind the altar (we firsts rows could barely see them).

The Main group of 29 (as on the program) :
Henry Barrington, Jonathan Barrington, Ciarnan Bradbury-Hickey, Tiarnan Brandson, Jude Collins, Luke Collins, Liam Connery, Kavana Crossley, Thomas Delgado-Little, Jakob De Menezes-Wood, Dylan Duffy, Benjamin Fairman, Daniel Fontannaz, Matthew Jansen, Stefan Leadbeater, Alexander Legget, Barnaby Lindsell, Isaac London, Joshua Madine, Matthew Madine, Eoghan Mc Carthy, Samuel Moriarty, Kuba Niedermair-Reed, Cassius O'Connell-White, Benedict Philipp, Matthew Rangel-Alvares, Carlos Rodriguez, Ralph Skan, Michael Ustynovych-Repa
(Barnaby = Barney)

The 5 newbies :
Misha Lieven, Oscar McFall, Michael Menezes, Bertie Smart, Lucas Wood



The songs list :
- Jubilate
- Libera
- Joy to the World,
- Still Still Still,
- Song of Life
- Sanctus
- Salva
- Stay With Me
- Veni Emmanuel
- Exultate
Interval
- Carol of the Bells
- Gloria
- Fountain,
- Eternal Light
- Sing the Story
- Ave Verum
- In Dulci Jubilo
- Glory to thee
- How shall I sing That Majesty
Encore
- White Christmas

I read the comments and I must say that for me too Veni Veni Emmanuel sung by Josh was the best incredible moment of the concert

I was first surprise and then moved to tears hearing him singing as he sung. Even now deep, his voice if still full of emotions



Dani wrote that Jakob voice may have changed, this can be true, as I noticed Jakob is no more doing the beautiful harmony he was used to sing on the refrain of Sanctus. He his replaced there by Stefan, that did brilliantly


On Stay With me, Daniel was accompanied by Cassius on all the song, Cassius standing a little on the back side of Daniel. I saw Cassius singing but I was not able the distinguish his voice from Daniel's, they complete perfectly each other


On Carol the Bells, the stage movements are impressible ! They change position all the time ! Wow ! The song is nervous and rhythmic by itself, this is increased by the dynamic they add by their movements


On the Ave Verum final, when they all together move to form the V formation, they are moving from what looks like a random position at start, to finish in a perfectly orderer formation, in position and heights decreasing, all at the precise same time ! They manage were to start and were to stop, by were they have to pass, and the speed also, to all finish at the same time

In addition (I don't know it it's made on purpose or if it was due to my position), the head of the V arrived by surprise ! During the movement I was asking to myself "Will it be Jonathan or Liam ? Jonathan... Liam... Jonathan.. and Surprise : at the very end Josh emerge from behind Liam, and in two steps he his the V head !

No comments: