Sunday, October 25, 2009

Concert Review Manila

This posting came from a member of Angel Voices "cayleb101".

DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE GOING TO WATCH THE OCTOBER 28 CONCERT @ THE WATERFRONT HOTEL IN LAHUG, CEBU. THIS WRITE-UP CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!
Hey guys!
I just got home from the concert, and boy. Their performance was AMAZING. I did not expect that they'd sound the same just like on their CDs. They were so great!Oh and for the record, I am pleased to tell everyone that they don't use cue cards anymore when they do little intermissions between their songs. LOL!
Josh can still sing the high notes, but not as high as before. He reminded me of Ben Crawley. Ben was already 16, but he was still able to reach the high notes.Liam also sang the solo parts of "Libera" but I'm afraid, he's losing control when it comes to going from the high notes, down to the lowest note. I think
he'll be taking his "break" too sooner or later. All throughout the concert, I cannot help but think the same thing over and over again. "I wonder how Tom feels now that Ben and Josh are now singing his solo parts (Far Away & You were there)." As expected, Tom didn't sing any solos tonight. He was at the back row
with Jonathan Barrington and Sam Leggett. (Taking the places of Michael Horncastle, Callum Payne and Conor O'Donnell)The new boys were very exceptional. Henry Barrington, Kavana Crossley, Daniel
Fontannaz, Freddie Ingles, Stefan Leadbeater, Rynn Marks, James Mordaunt, Sammy Moriarty, Matthew Rangel-Alvares, Carlos Rodrigues, Ralph Skan, Alfie Smart and James Threadgill were all enthusiastic about what they were doing a while ago on stage. I find Freddie really adorable, apart from being the smallest person in the choir, the little guy has a sense of humor! Quoting him: "We will be singing our last song I am the day. After that we're going home!"Of course, after their last song, we had to ask them to sing an encore. No one in the concert hall expected the "surprise" encore they had in store for us.They sang a FILIPINO SONG, "Bayan Ko" or "My Country" in English. It is one of our famous patriotic songs which meant a lot to each and every Filipino. And hearing it from children, it was a sure way to melt anyone's heart.(If you're interested about the "Bayan Ko" song, please follow this link:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_Bayan_Kong_Pilipinas_fight_for_or_message)These boys have certainly made our busy world stop for 2 wonderful hours. I am really grateful to have witnessed such a great event. I cannot thank these boys enough for making us Filipinos feel blessed and loved by God, despite the recent tragedies that we had to face. I can only pray and hope that they will not stop from sharing their wonderful gift of music, even after they "graduate" from Libera.With that being said, I should have sticked with my original plan: BRING A HANDKERCHIEF.

No comments:

Blog Archive